IT’S OUR EARL'S COURT NOT MY EARL'S COURT !
On the 20 November the RBKC Major Planning Committee granted permission for the developers, EC Properties LP, to demolish the Exhibition Centre and build some of the plots on site and with outline planning consent for the taller buildings on site. For many of the residents who packed the small committee room, there was shock that so many issues had not been taken into consideration, and that the outcome will have an irrevocable impact on the area for the next 20-years.
It is therefore important that we request that the Secretary of State, Eric Pickles, calls in the decisions made by RBKC and LBHF Councils so that there can be a fair assessment of the planning application as a whole.
• The Traffic, Transport, and Air Quality studies need to be evaluated, as the present proposals are not credible to local residents.
• The Open Space and Green Space are insufficient for the site or the wider area.
• The diversity of housing options is not there, and the majority of the housing provided will be beyond the reach of the average working London, and likely to be bought off plan in the Far East.
• The local businesses will be affected by the loss of the 3m visitors to the Exhibition, without any substantial replacement hotels, restaurants, bars and other amenities will close down.
• The development is out of context with the adjacent areas in height, scale and massing
Artwork by Duggie Fields - http://duggiefields.wordpress.com/